Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting For Wednesday + New Release!

It's 9 AM...I could be sleeping in but my dog does this new thing where he'll stand right in front of me and make a low growling noise. Then I'll open my eyes and he'll stop and as soon as I close my eyes again he starts. It would be very funny if he didn't do it at 7 AM! Ah, well, it's better this way...I guess...

Waiting for Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine!


I'm so excited for Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl to come out this December!

Summary:
"Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything."

Doesn't that sound so, so good? And the cover is so hauntingly beautiful! The authors have posed a picture series of the book here and the pictures are really cool so you should check it out! They also have contests and other fun stuff like videos on the site.

So as everyone knows (or if not you will now!) it's the release day of Ghostgirl: Homecoming!!
Cupcake Witch is asking everyone to spread the news about a super cool event that's happening on July 16th in celebration of it's new release!!

JULY 16th at 5-7pm
@ Jefferson Market Library
425 Sixth Ave at 10 street
New York, NY 10011

Tonya Hurley will be reading from the new book and Vince Clark from Depeche Mode will be there playing songs from the book's soundtrack which include two different playlists (Charolette's and Scarlet's) that you can find here.

OH! And there will be a cake...not just any cake...one made by Food Network's Ace of Cakes!!!
Who have made cakes like this! I so wish I had the artistic ability and patience to do that!

But anywho, the event is free and if you can make it you should be there!

And, and, and! There's a contest over at Bookluver to win the series (which ends today so get on it!)

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Darn, don't live in NY either! I just got the second Ghostgirl from the library (and I won Beautiful Creatures and it came Monday!). I'm bogged down with library books, otherwise I'd flaunt to you that I'm already reading them both. :)

Lost in a Book said...

Haha I know the feeling, being bogged down with library books! When you get around to reading Beautiful Creatures, tell me how it is! I am so jealous! :)

P.S. your library must be quick seeing as how Ghostgirl just came out! That's so awesome!

Bookworm said...

Great picks! You should totally take part in Cover Love--it's so fun judging books by their cover, LOL! (:

Have a great day! Love your blog, BTW!

Lost in a Book said...

Thanks! I love yours, too! And the cover idea is just so great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails