Saturday, July 25, 2009

Diversity Challenge

So how many of us stop to think about what books we're reading? Who they're are about and what race/ethnicity the characters are. What do they believe in? Even where the book is located. Is it ever outside of America? I know when I'm outside of school I don't consider these things perhaps as much as I should.

Well, as I was catching up on my blog reading today I found a Diversity Challenge that was started here.

So far these are the books I'm going to read:

1. Shine, Coconut Moon by Neesha Meminger
2. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

I'll update this list whenever I add more!

I hope you guys really consider this challenge!

Happy Reading!

P.S. Color Online is having a Summer Madness Giveaway (with some great ideas on books you can read for your own diversity challenge list and a great opportunity to win some!)

3 comments:

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

I'm really looking forward to this challenge! I just bought Perfect Chemistry the other day and I have tons of other books I've been meaning to read, too.

Taste Life Twice said...

I'm doing this challenge, too. I'm glad other bloggers are getting involved.

Related Posts with Thumbnails