Monday, July 6, 2009

In My Mailbox

So...this is how to tell you're sick. You go to write "In My Mailbox" and instead write "In My Mailbook" then proceed to stare at it trying to figure out what's wrong. And can't. For a long time.

In My Mailbook is hosted by the amazing Story Siren. It's a post about what we received either (literally) in our mailboxes (or mailbook, whichever you choose haha) or bought, traded, etc...

I had a slow week (but I know I'm getting TONS of books in the mail this week so stay tuned!) but I got two amazing books that I'm SO excited to read!

For review:



Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.




Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

All her world’s a stage.

Bertie Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater.

She’s not an orphan, but she has no parents.

She knows every part, but she has no lines of her own.

That is, until now.

Enter Stage Right

NATE. Dashing pirate. Will do anything to protect Bertie.

COBWEB, MOTH, MUSTARD SEED, and PEASEBLOSSOM. Four tiny and incredibly annoying fairies. BERTIE’S sidekicks.

ARIEL. Seductive air spirit and Bertie’s weakness. The symbol of impending doom.

BERTIE. Our heroine.

Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the actors of every play ever written can be found behind the curtain. They were born to play their parts, and are bound to the Théâtre by The Book—an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Bertie is not one of them, but they are her family—and she is about to lose them all and the only home she has ever known.

Lisa Mantchev has written a debut novel that is dramatic, romantic, and witty, with an irresistible and irreverent cast of characters who are sure to enchant the audience.

Open Curtain


These are my first two books for review. I can't even contain my excitement!



Happy Reading

7 comments:

The Book Explorer said...

I got Eyes Like Stars yesterday as well~
Yet to start reading it though, but I've heard good things!

Happy Reading!

Unknown said...

I hope you get better even though it's pretty amusing that you did that :)

Enjoy your books! :D

Katie said...

I loved Eyes Like Stars and I really need to read Shiver. Enjoy!

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

I hope you get better, plus you have 2 awesome books.

Shiver, i can't wait to read it.
Eyes likes stars looks awesome 2

the story siren said...

two awesome books to start you out! that's great! i hope you like them both! happy reading!

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week, enjoy.

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

I want to read both of those books so bad! Happy reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails