Friday, July 10, 2009

Hamlet and Other Things

So this is what I've noticed...in most books about theater (in some way, shape, or form) there is always a re-staging or re-telling of Hamlet. Even in Hamlet there was a re-telling of Hamlet. Why? I get it that it's like this super huge tragedy and that it's really great and everything (personally, I've read it twice) but. but but but. What about Othello? Macbeth? King Lear? In my opinion those plays are equally as amazing. Othello is my all time favorite play. So why always Hamlet? Let's do this mathematically, shall we (hahahahaha)?

What Hamlet offers the audience:
1. Sulking
2. Revenge plots that take way too long
3. A really obnoxious fat guy
4. Crazy girl who drowns herself over a guy (not cool)
5. Admittedly, one of the best monologues in Shakespeare (To be or not to be!)

What (let's say...) Macbeth offers the audience:
1. Witches (very cool)
2. The strongest, craziest lady ever written into the pages of a play (again, of course, my opinion)
3. Murder! Intrigue!
4. Paranoia
5, Superstition

See, Macbeth, is equally if not cooler than Hamlet...so, again I ask, why always Hamlet?

Not that I'm complaining, I love Hamlet I do, I'm simply curious.

Anyway...I don't know what got me so worked up, haha...

what I should be excited about is that I'm reading my first Ebook, Pure by Terra Elan McVoy. I thought I was going to hate it, looking at a computer screen for so long, but I actually don't mind so much. I'm enjoying Pure so the reading experience is being enhanced by me actually liking the book!

What are your guys' thoughts on Ebooks? Do you read them?

Don't forget to enter my contest for Graceling, What I Saw and How I Lied, and Under the Rose which ends in FIVE days!! You can enter here

Also, to win Evermore, The Vampire Diaries, and Skin Hunger enter here. That contest runs until July 20th

I should be back sometime soon to review Eyes Like Stars and Pure!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails