Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Sweetheart of Prosper County on Facebook!

So I received this lovely book in the mail today, The Sweetheart of Prosper County by Jill S. Alexander, which I'm SO excited to read!

Here's a description from Amazon:

Almost-15-year-old Austin Gray is tired of standing at the curb and watching the parade pass her by. Literally. She decides this is the year she’ll ride on the hood of a shiny pickup truck in the annual parade, waving to the crowd and finally showing the town bully that she’s got what it takes to be the Sweetheart of Prosper County. But far from simply being a beauty contest, becoming Sweetheart involves participation in the Future Farmers of America (FFA), raising an animal, and hunting or fishing. Austin will do almost anything to become Sweetheart, and has the support of her oldest friend, Maribel, her new FFA friends (including the reigning Sweetheart, and a quiet, cute cowboy), an evangelical Elvis impersonator, a mysterious Cajun outcast, and a rooster named Charles Dickens. If only her momma would stop overprotecting her, and start letting Austin live her own life. But Austin can’t move on until Momma moves on, too—and lets the grief of losing Austin’s daddy several years before out into the open.


What's even cooler is that I just found out there's a Facebook page dedicated to the book which you should definitely check out here! There's even a contest for the most beautiful chicken photo (I wish I had a chicken because I'd definitely enter! Maybe I'll find one and bring my camera along...)

I hope you guys go and check out the book and Facebook page! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Aw that sounds like a cute book! I hope you enjoy it :)

Doret said...

Oh my I love the cover.

Related Posts with Thumbnails