ALLISON from Read Into This! (And she just gave me an award, how crazy is that?) I used Random.org which is a random number generator and MUCH easier than, let's say, cutting up tiny snippets of paper...which I definitely did last time. Oye.
So Congrats to Allison for winning Evermore, The Vampire Diaries, and Skin Hunger! I'll email you tomorrow!
And, like I promised, a comprised (promised and comprised are like, the same word) list of all the random facts you gave me!
1. The band Rise Against are animal rights activists, and vegetarians!
2. Percy Jackson is being turned into a movie!
3. 6,000 left-handed people are killed each year by improperly using products made for right-handed people (this is nuts!)
4. The option rights for Evermore were bought to potentially make a movie!
5. Children grow faster in the springtime
6. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour (this is not going to be part of my workout)
7. Cinderella's slippers were originally made out of fur. The story was changed in the 1600s by a translator
8. Frank Baum named "Oz" after a file cabinet in his office. One cabinet was labeled "A to N," and the second was labeled "O to Z."
9. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing
10. Mosquito's are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color
11. On average people fear spiders more than death
12. Earthworms have 6 hearts!
13. Redheads have a higher tolerance to anesthesia (Ooo that means me!)
14. Carrie Ryan's book, 'The Forest of Hands and Teeth' is being made into a movie
15. The only nation whose name begins with an "A", but doesn't end in an "A" is Afghanistan
16. Both Abe Lincoln and Leonardo Da Vinci may have been gay
17. The Tahj Mahal was built for a woman after she died in childbirth
18. Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy and Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln
19. Radar is a palindrome
20. There are more germs in the human mouth than in the anus (ewww)
21. Tiger Woods is the highest paid athlete. He makes around $80 million per year (or $219,000 per day)
22. A baby eel is called an elver, a baby oyster is called a spat
23. There are more fatal car accidents in July than any other month
24. Fun Fact - there are over 2000 types of cheese
25. New York City residents use about 1500 million gallons of water a day
26. Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate (yuck, I hate chocolate!)
27. In your lifetime, you'll shed over 40 pounds of skin
28. When Nirvana released the hit song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" sales of Teen Spirit deodorant rose dramatically (HAHA!)
29. Megan Fox has a clubbed thumb
30. There are approximately 8 insect legs in your average chocolate (I suppose it's good I don't eat it, then. Watch out people...)
31. The average dream lasts only 3 seconds
32. Kristen is getting married in October and just got a job as an elementary school librarian! Congrats, Kristen!!
33. Millard Fillmore, the 13th President, was the first President to have a stepmother
34. If all the Coca-Cola vending machines in the U.S. were stacked one on top of each other, the pile would be over 450 miles high
35. The Antarctic Ice Sheet is almost twice the size of the United States
36. The environmentalist President Teddy Roosevelt barred the Christmas Tree from being displayed in the White House
37. The book - Julie & Julia by Julie Powell is being turned into a movie and will be out sometime in AUGUST 2009 (I am totally going to see it. Love Amy Adams!)
38. If you dropped an aerodynamic object (such as a bullet) from the Empire State Building, you could kill someone!
39. California has issued at least 6 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ!
40. In the course of an average lifetime, while sleeping you might eat around 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders, or more
41. Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy
42. Average Lifespan of a major league baseball is 7 pitches
43. Miley Cyrus is going to play Laurel in the Wings movie
44. 11 million copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sold the first day, making it the fastest selling book of all time
45. According to one study, a toilet has 49 germs per square inch, a desktop has 20,961
46. The name originally considered for the TV show Friends was "Insomniac Cafe"
Yay! And not one of them was the same!
Well, that was fun! Thanks for making the contest process for me that much more enjoyable!!