Friday, July 17, 2009

Movies, movies, movies...

There are so many YA novels being optioned for movies right now. Why? Maybe it's the success of the Harry Potter films or the Twilight film. But was that success because of the movies themselves or because there were so many fans of the novels we just had to see how it would translate into film? I definitely think the latter. So how will movies like The Forest of Hands and Teeth do?



Allegedly, Kristen Stewart is supposed to star. Really? Why? Give some other young (and talented) young actresses a chance.

Also, Miley Cyrus is rumored to star in an adaptation of Aprilynne Pike's novel Wings.



It's been optioned by Disney. Which, I mean, is a pretty big thing. You can read about it here. Now, I like Hannah Montana, I do. She's hilarious. I watch her on T.V., I bop my head to her music. But I'm not sure if I'd like Miley Cyrus and anything bu Hannah Montana. But I suppose that's what she feels too and is why she's trying to get herself away from that image. I'm not doubting her yet.

I'm not sure how I feel about all these books/comic books turning into movies. It's like, there are no original movies to make anymore.

They just released a teaser trailer for The Lightning Thief (Olympus looks PRETTY cool, I must say).



When will we tire of all this? And do you think this prompts kids not to read? Rather, "I'll wait until the movie comes out"?

Another two books that will be getting some air time are Beastly by Alex Flinn (being made into a film, starring Vanessa Hudgens) and The Vampire Diaries (a T.V. series).



That's a lot of YA movie news going on, I must say. And I know I'm missing some!

At least all this buzz is making me want to read the books before the movie hit theaters!!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I actually hadn't heard of Wings until hearing about the movie, so I definitely want to read it first!

It's hard to believe all the books being turned into movies, though. I'm always excited to see the movie and compare it to the book/the way I pictured it in my head.

Also, I have an award for you! You can find it here:
http://readintothis.blogspot.com/2009/07/lets-be-friends-award.html

-Allison :)

Arnold M said...

Great read, thanks for sharing this

Related Posts with Thumbnails