Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard is about Hanna, Aria, Emily, and Spencer, four friends grown apart due to their friend Ali's mysterious disappearance three years ago. Each friend has dark secrets that only Ali knew about and now they're each getting cryptic text messages and emails from an alleged A who seems to know about all their current scandalous mishaps...and about things that happened in the past...so who is A when Ali is supposed to be dead?

For being one of those name-dropping clothes brands, privileged kids, underage drinking in places where in reality there's no way they could get away with, who is she going to have sex with next books, it was well written and mildly unpredictable. I really enjoyed it, actually. Someone told me these books would be addicting and they sure are!

Each chapter is dedicated to a different character since the four characters really don't interact at all until the end. Each character was really different and I kept wanting to know what would happen to them. This book really kept me on my toes! I had sympathy for all of them at times and I have no idea who A could be or really anything about that mystery aspect of the book, so I already know I'm going to read them all!

Pretty Little Liars was exciting, fast-paced, sexy, and still pretty grounded in comparison to other privileged teens novels I read. I loved it! If you haven't picked up this series yet and you're in the mood for a light, fun read definitely check this out! There's cute boys, lies, mystery, and scandals-what more could you want?

Rating: 4.5

1 comment:

Stacey Brucale said...

I'm in the middle of reading this series right now. I'm halfway through the second book and I love it so far!

Related Posts with Thumbnails