Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Naming Conventions Challenge!

Pick books based on the letters of your name. Books can be chosen based on authors last name, authors first name or title of the book.

1) Write down your first name (or whatever name you usually go by) 2) Do any or all of the following (i.e. do 2a and/or 2b and/or 2c): 2a) For each letter, pick an author whose last name starts with that letter. 2b) For each letter, pick an author whose first name starts with that letter. 2c) For each letter, pick a book that starts with that letter. 3) Books can be cross-overs from other challenges, but each book can only be used once in this challenge. Authors may be repeated though. 4) The challenge lasts one month per letter of your name

However long it takes is dependent on how many letters you have in your name! I have 8 letters in my name...but I'm going to try and complete this challenge by August 25, 2010 (my birthday!)

This is a great challenge to help me finish my library books on time/get some books I was asked to review read/read some books that have been collecting dust on my shelf-retreating further and further back on my TBR pile!

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman


Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern

Candor by Pam Bachorz

After the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy

This contest is hosted by Reading My Way Through Life


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails