Monday, July 26, 2010

The Tempest Read Along!

Who doesn't love a little Shakespeare? No? Well this is your chance to read it for the first time or re-read it all in the company of people who love to talk about books! 

A blog I read everyday- A Literary Odyssey-is hosting a read along for this book in August. I'm going to be participating and I'd love it if you all did too! I think it could be fun, and it definitely takes the edge off of the foreboding "I'm nervous I won't be able to understand it" Shakespeare kind of emanates.

I read this in college but I'm excited to re-read to see what I missed and to get a better grasp of the story and language now that I have an idea what went on in the play haha. 

If you've never read/heard of The Tempest before here's a summary from Goodreads:

"Prospero, exiled Duke of Milan, living on an enchanted island, has the opportunity to punish and forgive his enemies when he raises a tempest that drives them ashore as well as to forestall a rebellion, to arrange the meeting of his daughter, Miranda, with an eminently suitable young prince, and, more important, to relinquish his magic powers in recognition of his advancing age. Richly filled with music and magic, romance and comedy, the play's theme of love and reconciliation offers a splendid feast for the senses and the heart."

Act 1 and 2 will be discussed/posted about on Aug. 16th and then Acts 3, 4, and 5 on Aug. 31st. You can find all the information here.

So I hope you all join in the fun, I know I will be! 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails